Facebook engaged in an elaborate bait and switch on user data: Privacy disappeared when competition did. Laws governing competition could change that.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Monetary policy favors carbon-intensive industries. Time to stop doing that.
Posted by Yves Smith at 9:55 am |
Even though the Good Friday/Easter weekend is coming up and Brexit matters are thus in low gear, the UK still seems stuck in its pattern of confusing motion with progress. A short list of updates: Labour-Tory talks still going nowhere. I’m not sure it would be progress even if the negotiations were going somewhere, since […]
Posted by Yves Smith at 6:44 am |
Why First Amendment “freedom of the press” protections are far broader than most Americans realize.
- orange Small Kennel Large Medium Dog Warm Thick Cat Litter Pet Autumn and Winter Dog Mat Dog Bed (color Pink, Size M)
- Artzfolio Panoramic Night New York Key Holder Hooks Notice Pin Board White Frame 12.2 X 8Inch
- Inlet Chenille Carpet Bathroom Water Absorption Non-Slipping Blanket The Kitchen Carpet Strip Bedroom Rug-A 40x60cm(16x24inch)
- Xinantime Ladies Casual Pregnant Women Sandals Summer Students Flat shoes Vacation Ball Home shoes
- The Base of gold in Cristal Pendentif Copper Hook Hook All Bathroom, Place The Shopping Cart 1
- Litex E-KM52ABZ5CMR Knightsbridge Collection 52-Inch Indoor Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, Five Dark Aged Bronze ABS Blades and Single Light Kit with Hammered Glass, Works with Alexa
- JIANFEI Footstool shoes Shelf Rack Storage 2 Layer PU Cushion,3 colors 2 Size (color C, Size 60x30x45cm)
- Red Wine Shelf American Country Style Iron Wine Rack Creative Personality Wine Cabinet gold Smiths for CAFé Bar Bottle of Wine Rack Kitchen Decor State Display
- Generic Wall Hooks Wall Rack with Iron and Wood Antique Vintage Finish 5 Hooks
- Farmerly Polyester Fiber Sofa Cover for Living Room Solid color Soft All-Inclusive Fabric Cover Elastic Sofa Cover Couch Cover 1, 4 Seats
- Folding Chairs Outdoor Folding Bed Camping Leisure Bed Lunch Break Easy Admission Portable Bed
- MIXLITE 5 Inch Russian Style Embossing Vintage Oval Make-Up Mirror Hand Held Table Mirror Dress Table Decoration Spreading Antique Peacock Bronze
- Anniutwo Wall hangingClose up Silica Gel or Desiccant in Paper bag1Living Room Sofa Background Wall sticker24 x48
- 8605-CHX2 2 x Artiss Evan Dining Chairs Wooden, Fabric Upholstered Living Room Lounge Chairs, Charcoal
- C 40x63cm JIAJUAN Half Moon Doormat Front Door Entrance Doormats Rubber Non Slip Backing Washable Indoor Home, 12mm, 6 colors (color C, Size 40x63cm)
- XUERUI Swivel Chair Backrest Office Tilt Function Ergonomic Executive Computer Rolling with Arms and Wheels PU Leather Furniture (color Pink)
- 5 panel cherry finish room divider shoji screen by A&D
Today’s Water Cooler: China trade, Q1 Democrat fundraising, Biden, Buttigieg, Sanders (FOX, CAP, taxes), Trump, Pelosi, reparations, industrial production, housing, AirBnB, Huawei, Kropotkin on climate, ridesharing and traffic fatalities, dairy farming, Game of Thrones, cats and dogs
Topics: , Water Cooler
Posted by Lambert Strether at 2:00 pm |
China’s once-hefty current account surpluses are falling away. What are the implications?
Posted by Yves Smith at 6:55 am |
Mourning Notre Dame
A few sad words about the loss of Notre Dame.
Members of the Zad engaged in a nearly decade long, successful commual effort to block the construction of an airport near Nantes. But what happens when you win?
Topics: Social values
Posted by Yves Smith at 2:06 am |
Sanders Takes the Campaign Against CAP to Eleven
Sanders takes off his gloves.
Topics: Guest Post,
Posted by Yves Smith at 12:36 am |
Today’s Water Cooler: Biden and brokered convention, Buttigieg and South Bend, Booker’s crowds, Harris’s book, Sanders vs. Neera Tanden cage match, Trump could win, Yang, voting machines, manufacturing, Panasonic, Uber, Amazon, Tesla, Japan Display, average warming, cursive handwriting
A proposal for a revised terminology climate change opponents.
Topics: Guest Post,
Posted by Lambert Strether at 1:55 pm |